Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Thursday, March 13, 2014

Time Disappears

Needless to say, since the birth of our daughter, life has been a little crazy.  I signed on this morning, looked at the date of my last post, and was quite surprised that it has been over a month since I have even been on here to do any writing.  Quite frankly, I don't know how I managed to squeak in the few minutes I have right now to do even this quick little bit of writing.  But anyway, I am here, writing, but not making any promises on the continuity or frequency of my future writing.  All I can say is that I am still alive, our family is doing well, and time, well, it seems to disappear.  Whenever someone tells you to appreciate every moment because time moves quicker as you get older, listen to them.  I am only 31 years old, and yet, since our son was born, time has seemed to pick up pace, or rather, every empty moment is now filled with something, and while time may not have actually sped up, the illusion that it has is quite real.  But with all those spare moments seemingly filled up, I still manage a few breaks for myself here and there, and when it comes to spending time with our son or daughter, I make every attempt to be there with them in that moment.  Don't get me wrong, the transition from moving a mile a minute during the day to being completely absorbed with my son or daughter is not easy.  The pull of work and everything around me, beckoning me to keep moving, to keep busy, to quell that insatiable desire to do more, is not always easy to turn off.   Yet, when I am with my son or daughter, my cell phone gets put down, calls go unanswered, and my attention turns to what is really important in life; family, especially my wife and children.  And while life has been crazy, time disappearing like sand through open fingers, life has also been good.  There is not much I could actually complain about, not it would matter if I did.  My family is healthy despite the random cold that seems to infiltrate any household with children in it, and work is going well.  What else could one ask for despite being a random million dollar lottery winner?  I guess a list could be put together, but I don't need much.  I'm happy.  My family is happy.  We pay the bills.  Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment