Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Monday, November 28, 2011

Tribute to My Wife

As I mentioned in one of my posts last week, I am going to use my Monday post as on opportunity to pay tribute to someone in my life for whom I am thankful.  This week, as if you couldn't tell by the title, I am going to pay tribute to my beautiful wife and mother of our son.  I feel truly lucky and blessed to have found my wife.  The moment I first laid eyes on her almost 7 years ago, I knew there was something about her that was special and unique.  There was just something about the way she carried herself, the way she looked, and the way she interacted with others that made me approach her and begin a conversation that would eventually turn into the biggest change in my life.  Over the years, she has become the foundation in my life, the person who keeps me on track and the person who drives and supports me.  Wherever I may be in life, whatever decision I may be grappling with, she is there to support me and drive me forward.  She gets me to just do it, get on with life, and not let things drag me down.  She reminds me what life is all about; namely family, and that nothing else really matters.   Without her, I think it is safe to say, I would still be floundering along.  And as our son grows, I know that she will become the best mother she can be, helping him to grow and mature and eventually find out who he is.  She is grounded in her life, in touch with reality, and full of vivacity and love. 

My wife has a positive impact on almost everyone she interacts with.  As a teacher, she gives everything she has to her job, her students, and to helping them grow.  With that said, she is still able to come home and give everything she has around the house.  Her impact on others is astounding and the only thing I hear from other people about her is praise and amazement at how wonderful a person she is.  While she may get frustrated and angry from time to time, she never lashes out at others or demeans them in any way.  She simply walks away and deals with them later on better terms.  Myself on the other hand, I have been known to lash out and have learned a lot simply from observing my wife.  A consummate teacher, I learn from her all the time despite the fact that she doesn't know she is teaching me as well.  She is driven to be the best person she could possibly be, whether it is in her artwork, her teaching, or her relationships; she is constantly looking to improve things.  When it comes to our son, there is not a moment when she doesn't act with love towards him.  To say she is well rounded is an understatement, for she is perfect in my eyes.  If I do try and find things wrong from time to time, it is simply out of my inability to accept her for who she is. 

Having interacted with many people over my life, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I have dealt with people who have it all and those who have nothing.  Out of all the people I have ever dealt with, there is not one who could possibly outshine my wife.  Obviously I am biased, but I truly feel like my wife is a shining star and I am just along for the ride, helping where I can and learning along the way.  I know that I don't thank her enough for what she does, but I try.  Her students are blessed to have such a wonderful teacher to guide them and help them grow.  She is an inspiration, many times without even knowing it.  She is humble and loving, asking for nothing yet giving everything.  There could be no better role model for her students or our son.  Even over the years that I have known her, I have seen her grow exponentially, become grounded in life, and help to change all those around her.  As I mentioned before, I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for my wife.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life and am thankful every day that I get to wake up next to her and share my life with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment