Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, January 18, 2013

Flying Time

Over the past week, I have finally begun to realize just how quickly time passes when you have a child.  You will hear every parents speak of it, how one day their child was in diapers and the next they were dropping them off at college.  While I obviously don't have that level of perspective as yet, I do have a little over 15 months of being a father under my belt and already I can't believe how quickly our son is growing up.  Just a year ago he was three months old, essentially a living lump of flesh the flailed around, and as the saying goes, ate, slept and pooped.  That was about it.  The transformation, in pretty much everything from his facial features, to his personality, to his knowledge of the world, has been incredible to watch.  Its funny now to look back at pictures of our son as a newborn and ask ourselves, "Is that really our son?"  His face has just grown and developed so much he almost doesn't look like the same baby.  Now of course he is running around, wanting to know what everything is, and slowly (actually sometimes quickly) absorbing the world around him, processing it, and learning from it.   His quirkiness is perhaps my favorite part of our son.  Its hard to pin down the exact action or facial feature that makes him unique and quirky because he has so many.  His latest little bit of quirkiness to show through is absolutely hilarious.  He now loves to go shirtless around the house with his winter hat on.  I don't know why, but he will randomly start lifting up his shirt, looking frustrated, till we take it off.  He then proceeds to find his winter hat, try to put it on himself and when that doesn't work, comes to either my wife or I to have it put on.  It is by far one of the cutest things he has done to date. 

Perhaps the most amazing part, especially now, is seeing how quickly he learns things.  Currently, I believe he is entering his climbing phase where he just wants to try and climb everything from our stove, to us, to kitchen cabinets...pretty much anything.  He is getting much stronger as well, now being able to hold his own suspended weight with his arms.  I have a feeling it won't be long till we find him in all sorts of odd places that he has managed to climb.  For now, we will not rush him into that.  My favorite part now is that he knows how to give us a kiss.  Granted, it is an open mouthed kiss as it seems many little kids first learn how to do it, but it is such a good feeling to ask him for a kiss and have him give us one.  There are times he doesn't want to and instead of giving us a kiss, he giggles and turns away.  That is what keeps me grounded when I feel like life is getting out of hand.  All I have to do is think of our son and nothing else seems to matter.  In any case, today I must cut my post short and get my morning in high gear.  Till Monday, enjoy the weekend and hug your loved ones. 

1 comment: