Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Long Summer Days

There is something about long summer days that beg for every ounce of sunlight to be absorbed and utilized to the fullest.  Even with the sunlight gone at the end of the day but with dusk still lingering, there is a pull within me to leave the house and stand outside till the bats come swooping in to eat their dinner.  I don't have to do anything, all I have to do is exist.  Sunlight drives the motor within me to move, to function, and to be active.  The summer days at the end of June are by far the best.  Humidity has not yet reached epic levels that are usually hit in July and the days are the longest of the year.  Sunlight streams simply unhindered directly down up me, warming and rejuvenating me.  There is something about having those extra hours of sunlight that make summer seem endless.  There is so much more life to eek out of the day when the sun shines till 830 at night and the sky doesn't turn dark till after 9.  Who else remembers childhood and those endless plea's we all made to stay outside just a few more minutes or to go out after dinner till the stars came out.  Even with the stars out and the warmth still radiating off the earth, it seems like summer days just don't end.

I find that I have a hard time sitting indoors if the weather is beautiful out.  I find that if the sun is still beaming in the evening, I will stare out the window longingly, wishing that I had nothing to do inside and that all my time could be spent outdoors.  As an adult it is difficult sometimes not to throw a tantrum screaming "I want to go outside, I want to go outside."  Responsibility is a bitch that I want to throw into a cold winter prison cell sometimes.  Yet I don't.  I put off till later what I could do earlier just so I can get back outdoors.  It must be something primal that pulls us humans into the sun.  I know not everyone is as much an aficionado of the sun as I am, but there are plenty out there like me.  Some of my closest friends have that same pull.  Perhaps it is that those who revel and look for those perfect sunny days to spend outside are drawn together by some solar force, driven to befriend other like minded sun worshipers.   Perhaps not, but I would like to think so.  And with today being my birthday, I'm pretty sure I will soak up every last ounce of vitamin D that the sun has to offer and be outside till the moon comes up, the stars come out, and the sky is completely dark.  That is my day today, and what a perfect day it is with hopefully almost no humidity.  Enjoy the sun people, enjoy the sun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment