Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, October 19, 2012

A Ruff Day

Yes, today is going to be long and ruff.  I know I spelled rough wrong, I don't know why, but it happened and I am not changing it now.  Its kind of ironic that I chose yesterday to talk about getting enough sleep when I definitely did not get enough sleep last night.  On top of being a long work day, it was also dart night.  Every Thursday night from now till April will be consumed by darts.  Usually, dart night is not that big of an issue.  The match starts around 8ish and usually ends by 1030 the latest.  Last night, however, play was a little slower and the match didn't end till after 11.  And if that wasn't enough, my buddy Dave is moving to California and I wanted to swing by Bar 140 in Shelton see him before he disappeared for a few more months.  With all that craziness yesterday and only about an hour home for dinner in between work and darts, I didn't get home till midnight.  You might think that I would sleep past my alarm clock after a night like last night, however, you would be wrong.  Instead, I woke up around 3:45, not necessarily ready to get out of bed, but I did for the sake of not oversleeping. 

Today would be an ideal day to get a nap in at some point.  I don't know if I would rather do that in the morning or afternoon.  I guess it all depends on how I am feeling during the next few hours and how my body seems to be working.  Right now, I can tell its going to be a long day unless I get a nap in.  Such is life.  It seems that I am currently forcing my brain into a higher functioning mode by writing this morning.  As such, I apologize if something doesn't make sense or if the words seem to come out like gibberish.  (OK, no gibberish because there is a lovely spell check feature that I utilize).  Anyhoo, its time for me to get my but into gear, finish off this blog post, and get ready for the long day ahead.  I really should take a nap today.  Somehow I am thinking that the more I say I need a nap, the more likely it will be that I will take one.  Coffee, eggs, water, that's what I need right now.  That and sleep and I will be good as gold.  As for the nap, nap, nap I need; that will have to wait, maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment