Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Monday, October 15, 2012

Damn Trojans

So I am going to make this short and quick today as the computer I normally use was infected by the latest trojan.  I don't know what the name of the trojan is, but it is the one that mimics an FBI computer lockdown page.  I went to go open up my internet browser yesterday and as soon as I typed in the URL and hit enter, a white screen with the FBI logo popped up and wouldn't go away.  It looked legitimate except I had done nothing illegal like it said I had and it mandated I pay $200 within 72 hours or face criminal prosecution.  After my wife did some research on her phone, she found out that it was just the latest virus/scam to get a person's credit card information in a convoluted sort of way.  Essentially, you must go buy a pre-paid card from a store and then enter the code from the card on the lockout screen.  Somehow, these scumbags who created this virus can then back track and figure out the credit card you used to buy the pre-paid card and either rack up charges on your card or debilitate you financially in some other twisted malevolent fashion.  Needless to say, I was pissed.  Hopefully we can get the computer taken care of today as my other computer is super slow and takes forever to load anything or relfect what you are typing.  As I type right now, I can not see what I am typing.  I must wait about 30 seconds for the computer to process my key strokes (or longer depending on how fast I am typing) before I see if I made any mistakes or not.  In a way, it is good practice in typing blindly, however, it is very frustrating and makes me realize that I need to get this computer sped up somehow.  It used to be fast, but alas, time has taken its toll and drained this computer of any vitality it used to have.  As my frustration level is now peaking, I am going to end this post very shortly or else my computer might end up in my driveway after being thrown through the window right next to me.  I want to say I am done with technology, but that wouldn't be true.  I do abhor those twisted, inverted, scumbag's who create these damn viruses, but there is nothing I can do about that either.  Consequently, this will be my last sentance for today before I post this and go drink more cofee.  Good bye for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment