Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, December 7, 2012

Toy Drive Today

I am going to have to keep this post brief today.  As is usual for a Thursday, I didn't make it home till about 11:45 last night and once again I was up at 4 A.M.  But its not the lack of sleep that is driving me to keep my post brief today, rather it is my early departure from my home that is the driving factor.  So why will I be leaving my house at 5 A.M. you ask?  Well, every year around this time a local radio station, 99.1 WPLR, holds a toy drive to collect toys and money for children in Connecticut who without the effort of toy drives around the state would not have any presents to open on Christmas morning.  I do not go every year, but this year I felt the need to go again.  I am not just bringing down a toy that I bought, but instead am bringing down about 4 shopping bags full of toys gathered by my networking group, Greater Milford BNI.  It may not be much, but every toy counts.  To make it even more worth it to leave my house at 5 in the morning to get there when the toy drive starts is the fact that The Marshall Tucker Band will be playing for free all morning when they are not broadcasting.  Talk about a deal!  All you need to get in is a toy valued at $20 or more or a cash donation.  Oh yeah, they will have coffee and food there as well local politicians, dignitaries, and others to support this effort.  I am planning on only going for about an hour, but I may end up staying longer if it is a really good time.  I guess we shall just have to wait and see.  So if your up and reading this and live near Bridgeport, CT, come join me down at the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard for some good times.  Till my next post, lets all try and go out of our way to help someone in need this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment