Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time to Shave

With the warm weather yesterday, it got me thinking that it is about time to shave.  For the better part of the day, all I wore outside was a T-shirt and jeans, no jacket, no long sleeved shirt...it was amazing.   Yet, while it was wonderful to be able to drive around with the window all the way down, I also started thinking about the impending heat and my beard and moustache that I have been growing since last September.  It isn't tremendously long despite the fact that parts of it haven't been shaved since last September (my hair just doesn't grow very fast), its just that I hate having long facial hair when I start sweating.  It just isn't my cup of tea.  While the beard/moustache was nice for the winter in keeping my face somewhat protected from the harsh wind, the spring and summer are a totally different story.  So today, it all comes off, down to bare skin.  It will be drastic change in appearance and I am sure it will shock many people who have gotten used to my pointed beard and handlebar moustache, but it all has to go.  I will have to take a picture of it for it has never been this long before, ever, and I just might post that picture either here or on Facebook just so people can see what I look like compared to my outdated profile picture, but then again, maybe I won't.  In any case, today's blog is about to wrap up because instead of writing this morning, I got to talking with my wife instead.  Unlike some people who can multi-task, I can not do so.  If I try having a conversation with someone, everything else stops.  I could be cooking dinner and if someone (such as my wife) engages me in conversation, everything I was doing stops.  Even if I am in the middle of stirring the vegetables in a frying pan, I will stop mid stir to carry on a conversation.  But I digress, I ramble, and perhaps that is what I was meant to do this morning seeing as that is where my fingers are taking me.  I don't seem to have control of what is getting put on the screen and sometimes I actually enjoy it.  It is more of stream of conscious writing that often times eludes me because I tend to think to much about what I am writing in order to keep it on topic (shaving) and to try and edit while writing.  So much for that today.  Perhaps it is the crazy rambling dreams I had last night that brought me from a weird Florida coast to some house with windows that I was working on with my old business partner to a lawyer I worked for who I was going to talk to about a will but ended up having a Mickey Mouse book in place of a will and then I was walking through Bridgeport trying to get home even though I thought I was on roller blades but wasn't and ended up running into an old friend who suggested we take the bus at which point I mentioned I had never taken the bus before so we got on and I was searching for money and beep, beep, beep, beep.   That was my alarm clock going off.  A little reminiscent of Jack Kerouac?  Perhaps, but not nearly as polished or fluid or narrative, just me rambling in the morning letting my fingers go wild.  I had started talking about shaving, which I will still do today.  I haven't forgotten about that, I just got mildly off track.  In any case, perhaps it was just that I got the spring fever, the feeling that all is right with the world and that the flowers will soon be populating all the gardens, the buds on the trees will soon start exploding, showering their pollen everywhere and making it seem like the last blizzard of winter, even though its not.  Did I mention I love walking around our yard every morning before work to see how much the flowers have grown?  Well, I do.  As for now, I need to run, or rather get my but in gear and get my family ready for the day.  Just so you know, this whole paragraph was written in about five minutes.  Talk about coffee fingers.   Adios till tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment