Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, April 12, 2013

When Exhaustion Sets In

This week has been an extremely long week for me, not in the sense that time seemed to creep by and the week dragged on, but more in the sense that it was a physically draining week in terms of work, and that made it long.  Its Friday, but it feels like I have worked a whole week and a couple of days already.  I won't go through every day for you, but lets suffice it to say that I bought a forty foot fiberglass ladder this week and as I haven't lifted or moved one in years, I forgot just how damn heavy they really are.  I was going to get a slightly shorter ladder instead, but as it wasn't in stock and I needed a tall ladder that day, I figured I would just upgrade and ensure that I would never have to borrow a ladder again.  Well, back in the day when I used to move forty footers when working for my friend's dad, we always used two people to raise the ladder and move it due to its weight.  As I am a one man show, lifting a moving the ladder was done with one person, me.  I am guessing that it weighs close to a hundred pounds and is definitely the harder way to get a workout in.  On top of buying a forty footer and moving it around a couple of houses this week, I also power washed 3 houses, 2 yesterday.  All told, I probably climbed up a down the ladder yesterday about 75 times.  Its a damn good thing I enjoy what I do or I would probably call up my boss (myself) and quit.  For some reason, I get a lot of pleasure out of pressure washing a house.  Despite the bleach and detergent that occasionally drift into my eyes, there is just something about watching mold and mildew die and get washed off a house leaving it 5 shades lighter than it was when I started.  It always amazes me to see how clean a house gets after I am done with it.  I could power wash day after day and I am still amazed at the end of the day how dirty everything gets.  But enough of power washing, today I take it easy and simply finish up another job.  Tomorrow, after about a 4 month hiatus, my wife, son and I will be going down to see my grandmother, Baba.  I didn't go down there to see her this week as I knew we would all be going down tomorrow.  Baba has been wanting to see our son for quite some time now, its just been a little hard to get down there with all the colds, stomach bugs, and fevers that he has had.  Hopefully we find her in good spirits and if not, at least I am fairly sure she will be after seeing our son.  I just hope she remembers for a few days afterwards that she has seen her. 

Then on Sunday, I have my first kickball game of the season.  Yes, I know, some people still find it weird that there is actually a kickball league, but there is, and I play in it.  This year I guess there are over 400 hundred people in my league with about 16-18 teams.  It should provide for some fun times.  At least I have a few days off between all my power washing and playing kickball.  I haven't run since the last kickball season so I am sure that I will be quite sore from that afterwards.  Such is my life, get my exercise in however I can.  Whether it is through power washing or kickball, my exercise comes in sporadic clumps.  I don't go to the gym and unless I change what I am doing, I don't plan on going to the gym anytime soon.  That isn't to say that I don't work out at all, I do push ups and sit ups at home on a regular basis, I just don't use any sort of weight besides my own body weight to work out.  On to a slightly different track, our son had a few teeth that were coming in stall, and over the past few days they have started breaking through the gums, his last ones, so we have got a continuously runny nose to deal with again and of course his lovely cough that comes along with it.  Compared to the last time we dealt with his excessively runny nose, this time he knows to ask for a tissue when his nose gets bad.  Its cute and we greatly appreciate it.  For now, though, I must go and get ready for my day, my morning meeting, and all the other fun that comes with Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment