Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Thursday, September 26, 2013

Short One

This has been an utterly crazy week, although which week isn't crazy when you are self employed, have an almost two year old running around the house, and a wife that's pregnant?  Yes, life is crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Worked late last night, didn't get home till around 9 at night after starting work at 8 yesterday morning.  So, this morning I am talking to my wife instead of writing a lengthy blog post about something that tickled my fancy earlier this week.  On top of that, I actually have to leave the house at or before my wife does to go look at a job.  Not complaining, just have a lot to do this morning.  Some things must slide in an attempt to keep sanity and a sense of normalcy in this house, and unfortunately that something is my writing.  As much as I would like to write every morning as I used to, some days its just not possible, and I am not getting up earlier than 3:45 to write.  I do need my beauty sleep, even if its just 6 hours a night.  Its not really about the beauty sleep, because lets face it, if I get more sleep, its not going to make me more beautiful.  If I actually try to get more than 6 hours when I am not tired, I just get up earlier.  The only way I can sleep late is if I have had an exhausting week of work and actually need the rest.  Most of the time, however, 6 hours is more than enough.  Its not like I am a lawyer that needs a fully functioning brain in order to paint, just a sense of balance for working on ladders.  I don't know why I picked out a lawyer as someone who uses their brain, but I guess they do sometimes.  Perhaps a more apt analogy or comparison, or what have you would be an accountant dealing with ethereal numbers that somehow define a business and how it is supposedly functioning and working and its overall "health".  To me, if a person who owns a business is working, not in debt, and has money coming in, then their business is doing just fine.  Sure, there are varying degrees of how a business does, but overall, especially from my point of view, which happens to be a simple one, and if I continue on this tangent I will forget what I started the sentence about, a business is only as healthy as the person running it.  Wait, that doesn't make much sense, but I guess I warned you about that when I mentioned that I don't need a functioning brain to paint.  I do need one to deal with people which I love doing, but not to paint.  On that happy note, the shower has been vacated and it is calling my name.  Its time to get washed up, cleaned up, eaten up, I mean make food and eat it, and get ready to start my day earlier than normal.  Such is my crazy life, but its mine and no one can take it away from me damn it.  Oh well, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment