Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, May 18, 2012

A Glimpse of Future Exhaustion

Yesterday was a very long day, in fact longer than I have had in a while.  Not that I am complaining about it because as I have been told numerous times, I can complain, but its not going to do me any good.  In any case, by the end of the day yesterday, I caught a glimpse of what life will be like for the next 18 years of my life, at least; pandemonium.   Mostly pandemonium because yesterday didn't involve any taxi services for my son or anything else regarding a future crazy schedule of his, it was just an extra long day at work followed by more activity.  The day started off at 330 in the morning when my wonderful brain decided that it was time for me to get up.  As is usually the case when this happens, I got up instead of trying to fall back asleep for another half hour before my alarm went off.   The extra little bit of sleep I would have gotten wouldn't have made a lick of difference for me.  It was obvious that I had gotten enough sleep, and despite the ungodly hour as it might seem to some people, it is normal for me.  From there on out, I don't think I stopped going till I went to bed besides the obvious breaks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.   After the normal morning craziness, trying to get a family ready for the day, I was off to Stratford.  That was just to pick up a check for a job before heading off to Orange for the morning and early afternoon.  

Orange held a world of fun for me as I got to sand for a good part of the time I was there, about 4 hours of straight sanding in a row.  I didn't mind because that is what I do after all, sand houses to get them ready for painting (amongst other preparatory activities).  So by the time early afternoon rolled around and I started oil priming, my arms were already exhausted.  Work continued in Orange till around 2 when I headed up to Naugatuck to my second job for the day, more sanding.  Instead of a house this time, I was working on a deck, removing old stain in preparation for new stain.  Instead of sanding by hand, I was able to use an orbital sander, saving some of my muscles, but using other ones instead.  That continued on for about another 3 hours leaving me totally unrecognizable.  When I finally stopped sanding, I looked like the color of the wood as I was covered in a fine coating of dust.  Just what I was looking for, a naturally occurring tan that washes right off (totally joking there).  I probably would have worked longer but I wanted to try and make it home in time to see my son before he went off to bed and I had to leave again.   I did manage to see him for about 2 minutes in the evening, I got to shovel some food down my gullet, and then I was off again, this time to see a movie with a group of 50 guys (more about that next week).  The movie was fascinating, even more so as it was the second time I saw it.  I managed to stay awake through the movie and the subsequent conversation that was had afterwards.  After that, it was back home for me and into bed which didn't happen till around 11:15.  Four hours and 45 minutes later, my alarm went off.

So why did I recount my day yesterday for you?  Probably because I was exhausted this morning and felt like sharing.  It was also due to the fact that at the end of the day yesterday, I thought to myself, I only have another 18 years of this, and it is not going to get any easier.  At this point of my life, I can't imagine fitting in the mandatory parental taxi service that comes with a growing child.  I just don't see how it will work.  Yet, despite my inability to see into the future and make things work out in my mind, I know that everything will work out somehow.  I don't quite know how yet, but I am sure that things will.  What I probably need to do is buy stock in a coffee company and buy only their coffee as I have a feeling there will need to be a hot pot of coffee nearby for the rest of my life.  For now, I will simply manage the best I can, trying to sort through everything, make everything work, and still somehow function at the end of the day.  Oh yeah, I have to somehow figure out how to make a little more time for my wife and son so everyone can be happy.  All in due time, all in due time (don't know why I just wrote that, but it could be because my brain hasn't made all the necessary morning connections yet and is still waiting for another cup of coffee before doing so).  Now on to today, have to leave the house by 6 for my morning meeting and then off to work till about 6/630 tonight.  Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment