Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, June 1, 2012

Finally Friday

This week has seemed interminably long and it has only been three work days long so far.  I guess what started it all off on the wrong note to begin with was the congestion that decided to take over my nasal passages last Friday.  In part, the congestion was good for last weekend because it forced me to relax more than usual in Vermont, yet still, I was congested.   Regardless of what caused the congestion, whether it be a cold, pollen, or dust, I am still trying to eradicate the last stragglers from my body.  Needless to say, a runny nose does not make life easy; especially when you have to where a dust mask all day long and have to constantly run to the van to grab more Kleenex.  So congestion started it off, yet it was the long days that dragged on and on that really drained me in the end.  I think Tuesday was the only day I made it home before 6 in the evening and the past two days I haven't made it home before 7.  Its not like my days were overly exciting, rather, they were monotonous and seemingly endless.  Yet, the monotony in and of itself doesn't bother me as much as the constant physical labor does.  Normally, I don't mind the work, but my muscles were sore to begin with from splitting wood this past weekend so to jump right into long days of sanding a scraping in the sun did not exactly help my situation.  Such is life, I made it through so far and I only have today left before I can get a little rest this weekend, not much I am sure, but at least some.  The part I am most looking forward to this weekend is spending time with my son.  Normally, I get Wednesday as a reprieve from work by spending the day with my son, but this week was a little different as I had Monday off and worked right through the rest of the week. 

Its gets tough at times working for yourself while trying to find time for your family as well.  This week has seemed like a blur with very little time spent at home.  I think its about time to start finding some summer help to put my mind at ease and get rid of a little stress that accumulates with the influx of work.  This year it seems like work is the craziest it has been.  Trust me, I am not complaining about the amount of work that I am getting, just about the fact that I can't seem to get it done as quickly as I would like to.  Yet finding good help is not the easiest thing in the world to do, especially when it comes to painting.  Last year out of 4 young high school kids I had try working for me, only one was any good.  This year, we will see what happens.  Perhaps if I can get a couple of kids helping me out then I can get a little more time at home with my family.  I don't know.  The only part about hiring someone that is a real drag is making sure that they are doing the work to my standards.  It seems like at first, I get less work done because I am constantly checking to see if they are working hard enough and if they are doing a good enough job for me to keep them around.  Most can't cut it to be perfectly honest and out of the seven years of owning my own business, only one person I have hired has lasted more than a week.  Oh well, life goes on and you know what, I think I am done complaining for the day.  There are just those days where you need to vent a little and I guess I just did that here.  So if you read through this and are wondering where all this is going, its not going anywhere spectacular except... "I am the cheeseman, I am the egginator."

Seriously, I don't know where that came from, just a little diarrhea of the brain and fingers I guess.  All I can say is that today is shaping up to be a beautiful day to be working outside.  It is wonderfully cool, perfect whether for the outdoors, and I am alive and breathing with a wonderful family.  What more could I ask for?  Not much (besides some extra money but I guess we could all use some of that).  Well I guess I could ask for more time off but I don't think my boss will give that to me.  I think my brain is drained for the day already and the day hasn't even really begun.  Must be the pure exhaustion setting in or something like it.  One day, maybe in 18 years, I will get to relax a little more.  Then again, maybe not.  Ah, coffee, my lifeline for starting the day off right.  You know how it goes, "The best part of waking up is Folger's in your cup."  Except that I don't have Folger's, rather some nice Guatemalan coffee from Costco.  OK, time to wrap this up because I am rambling and have to get my butt in gear, showered and breakfasted up, and then out the door.  Till next week where the insanity begins again, be good and enjoy yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment