Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, March 4, 2011

Amazing Uplifting Story

How many of us have walked the busy streets of a city and passed right by a homeless person sitting on the sidewalk with a can in front of him.  We might justify our actions saying that he would only use the money to buy liquor or drugs.  I myself have passed by many a homeless person over the years thinking the same thing.  Often times we forget that many of these people started their lives as we did, well off, with money and a home, and for some reason, life turned on them and they couldn't get it back together.  Just because they couldn't get it back together doesn't mean that they don't still hold on to their principles and morals that they grew up with.  The following story is out of West Chester in Pennsylvania.  It appears that a homeless man stumbled upon an envelope lying on a sidewalk that was filled with $1440.00 cash.  What did he do?  He turned it into the police because he felt that the person who lost it probably needed it pretty badly.  How many of us would do the same thing?  Looking at myself, I can honestly say I don't know what I would do with it.  My gut reaction would probably  be to keep the money and go on with my life.  Yet a homeless man with nothing turns it in.  I sure wish there were more people like him around, willing to return found cash, a lot of it, simply because it did not belong to them.   The world is filled with greed these days.   Everywhere we look, people are clamoring for more and more money.   I don't want to turn this negative so I will end on the greed there.  We should all ask ourselves the question, "What would I do in that situation?"   Lets inspect ourselves and try and live a life more like this homeless man, selfless and giving, filled with moral certitude.  And next time you walk by a homeless person on the street, don't turn a cold shoulder, that person could be you tomorrow.   Life is never a straight path, there are curves and twists, peaks and valleys.  Lets all try and treat everyone the same, with a little dignity.  Smile, for today was beautiful, and tomorrow the weekend has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment