If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.

Friday, July 6, 2012

First Pool Day

Today will be my second Friday taken off to spend with my son and wife.  Last Friday didn't really feel like a day off because it was a little hectic in the morning trying to pack up our car and get everything situated so we could leave for Vermont.  Well, today will be the polar opposite...I hope.  Today there will be no packing of cars or extensive traveling (not that traveling to Vermont is necessarily extensive).  Rather, it should be a nice relaxing day with only a few errands to run and a trip to my parents pool in between.  The trip to my parents pool will be our son's first experience with a pool.  He has seen one before, but has never been in one up until today.  I have a feeling that once he gets in, (in his little floating contraption of course) he will absolutely love the water and probably not want to get out.  However, with him being so young and not entirely able to regulate his body temperature as of yet, he will have to get out after a little while in the pool  to take a break before getting back in there.   In addition to not being in there for too long, the water has to be at least 84 degrees so that his body temperature doesn't drop too much.  Thank goodness my parents have a heater for the pool which will maintain a nice consistent temperature for us.  At this point, our pool trip probably won't last too long, but just long enough for our son to enjoy himself in the pool and for us to cool off. 

I could have taken the fourth of July off like most other people and spent the day at home with my wife and son, but instead, I decided to work so I could take today off.  It was actually quite nice working on the fourth of July because everything was really quiet in the world.  There was absolutely no traffic in the morning and relatively little throughout the day.  Many people wondered why I was working, but understood completely once I explained that I would be giving myself a three day weekend instead.  So today when everyone else is going to work, I will be relaxing and enjoying myself.  Not only do I get to spend the day with my son, but I might actually be able to get a little work done around the house.  I say little just because I know that I will want to spend time with my son and the time in between will not be great enough to make a lot of progress.  So that leaves me with some time this morning and also this evening to work on projects around the house.  We shall see what happens when all is said and done today.  For now, I am going to take my time getting ready, drink lots of coffee, and enjoy my son sitting in his high chair watching me write this post.  He is already showing signs of tiredness even though he has only been up for half an hour.  That's usually how the mornings go with him however.  He gets up, has his morning milk for breakfast, and then gets tired and ready for his first nap of the day. 

I have not had a true three day weekend in a long time and am kind of excited about it.  For the most part, the majority of our three day weekends are spent in Vermont, which is great, but I have not had a three day weekend at home doing nothing for a while.  It will probably fly by way too quickly and I will be back at work in the heat on Monday morning.  Such is life.  For now, I will sign off early because my son wants to have a high pitched screaming match with me.  He gets his voice as high as he can, followed by me doing the same, and so on and so forth.  Its a fun little game although for those of you who know me, my voice is very deep and for me to reach a high pitched note takes quite a bit of effort.  Oh well, on to the day and the wonderful weekend.  Till next week, enjoy the weather and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment