Welcome


If this is your first time visiting, welcome. If you are returning again, welcome back. While this blog was originally not going to be about me or my life, it seems to be morphing to include more of myself and experiences. I will still strive to add a different perspective to the news and events around the world that impact everyone's life,however, I will focus more attention on issues that relate more tangibly to our personal lives. We all live in a world that is increasingly interconnected yet it seems a lot of people are turning inwards, shying away from human interaction. Lets step away from ourselves and see what we can do to make a difference. There are ads on this page and 65 cents of every dollar earned will be donated towards helping the homeless. If you like what you are reading, please share it with your friends.




Friday, July 13, 2012

Seeing My Son's Smile

I am sure that by now most people reading this blog have come to the conclusion that I absolutely love my son.  What started off as uncertainty when we first found out my wife was pregnant has turned into a love and affection that holds no bounds.  I can't help but feel that most parents experience this after a child is born, especially their first one.  Seeing a new innocent life brought into this world is an amazing sight and one that I will frankly remember forever.  While that in and of itself is a special moment to be cherished, what follows is simply beautiful.  To watch a baby transform from this wriggling, breathing lump of flesh into an active baby full of personality and zest takes my breath away.  Yet even watching your own baby grow pales in comparison to seeing your baby smile when they see you.  I know that regardless of the type of day I am having, good or bad, that when I come home and see my son smile, all worries will melt away.  I absolutely love walking through the door and seeing our son smile when he sees me.  Its not just a little upturn of the corners of the mouth, it is a wide mouthed smile reaching from cheek to cheek and reflected in his sparkling eyes.  That smile alone makes every day worth living.  Today, I will sign off with that.  Its going to be a busy day today and I personally can't wait to get my son out of his crib when he wakes up and see his glimmering smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment